Steps to building a modular home for your Southern Lifestyle
Pre-construction phase steps for modular homes
If you do not own land yet, you should work with an experienced real estate agent or land developer to find the perfect lot for your new home construction. Contact us
If you already have a lot meet with a builder to have them evaluate your lot. The location and position may determine the structural dynamics and plans of your new home.
Determine your budget by getting pre-approved for a loan. Choose a construction lender that understands the special rates that go along with systems-built construction.
Choose a house plan and design options that fit your lot size and budget. Each Southern Heritage home is designed to meet your individual needs. Our Southern Heritage consultants offer assistance in making sure your home becomes a reality. Our expert staff is on hand to answer questions, alleviate stress and provide guidance throughout the design process. We are here every step of the way to ensure a smooth transition to your new home.
After deciding on the floor plan that fits your family’s needs, choose your options, appliances and any modifications. Upon the builder agreement signing and financing completion, your new home construction begins.
Construction Phase Steps
- Complete lot survey and conduct soil tests if necessary.
- Conduct a perc test for the septic system if necessary or applicable.
- Hire an engineer to design your foundation and septic system if necessary or applicable.
- Submit utility service applications.
- Obtain well, septic, tree removal and grading permits if required or applicable.
- Apply for Building Permits.
- Grade your lot and building pad.
- Drill your well and install your septic system if applicable.
- Have your surveyor stake out the foundation.
- Build your foundation.
- Your home is delivered! Receive the home modules on your property where they are prepared to be set on foundation.
- Set and assemble the modules on foundation.
- Build your attached garage, porch, deck or any other custom feature.
- Complete the exterior of the home.
- Connect utilities to the home.
- Finish the interior of the home.
- Pour your concrete flat work including driveway, walkways, and steps.
- Finish grading lot.
- Install air conditioning unit.
- Get final approvals from the required government agencies and receive your Certificate of Occupancy.